Homepage Rotator

Image only: 

Georgia Drugs and Narcotics Agency

The Georgia Drugs and Narcotics Agency was created by the General Assembly in 1908 as the Office of the Chief Drug Inspector. The Chief Drug Inspector (CDI) was originally appointed by the Commissioner of Agriculture, upon recommendation from the State Board of Pharmacy. The office was created to ensure and protect the health, safety and welfare of Georgia citizens by enforcing Georgia laws and rules pertaining to manufactured or compounded drugs and to ensure only licensed facilities or persons dispensed or distributed pharmaceuticals.

More »

Press Releases

Auto-Injectable Epinephine for Schools

February 1, 2017

Effective July 1, 2016 pursuant to Senate Bill 126, Licensed health practitioners are authorized to prescribe auto-injectable epinephrine in the name of a school for use in a school, and pharmacists are authorized to fill prescriptions for auto-